To pursue continuous improvement through innovation, technology and people.
- 1968—Working out of his home on Randolph St., John Macchia, Sr. begins supplying hand-machined parts to Aeroquip Corporation
- 1972—Incorporates as ”Precision Form Company” and moves to a dedicated building on Condad St.
- 1977—Annual sales top $1 million for the first time
- 1978—Baxter Healthcare joins growing roster of customers; Precision Form Company expands to new facility on Precision St.
- 1979—Name change to “Advance Turning & Manufacturing, Inc.”
- 1984—Purchases first piece of CNC equipment
- 1992—Forms advisory board to guide long-term planning
- 1992—Implements lean manufacturing principles and first manufacturing cells
- 1995—Builds current facility on Morrill St.
- 1997—John Macchia, Jr. becomes president and CEO
FOCUSED ON QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
We take pride in exceeding your expectations, and driving you to meet your goals. Our team consists of nearly 200 highly skilled and motivated employees operating out of facilities in Michigan’s Jackson and Wayne Counties. We currently have a combined manufacturing floor of approximately 85,000 square feet, and are expanding to grow with our customers. Over the last several decades we have steadily become one of the global leaders in complex and highly regulated fields, and the preferred supplier to partners like Baxter, Stryker, Eaton, Terumo, HeartWare, and Merit Medical..
WHAT SETS US APART FROM OTHER MACHINING SUPPLIERS
- A focus on “lean” business practices: clean facilities, pragmatic strategic planning, cellular manufacturing and one-piece flow methodology
- A defined Quality Management Systems with Process Validation
- State-of-the-art ERP system for real-time manufacturing productivity monitoring and superior supply-chain management
- Customer Focus Teams (CFTs)
- Family owned and operated since 1972
- AS9100:2009, ISO 13485:2003, and ISO 9001:2008 certified
Advance Turning & Manufacturing is dedicated to enriching the communities in which our employees live and work by supporting a variety of local non-profit organizations. We aim to maximize the impact of every dollar contributed to charity, with a special focus on improving the lives of underprivileged children, families, and seniors.
We are proud of our employees and their many contributions in our communities. We proudly support Big Brothers Big Sisters, The American Cancer Society Relay for Life and our schools, churches and other non-profits. For our company's and employees' support of United Way of Jackson County, Advance Turning has been recognized as a "Top 20 Supporter" and promoter of the common good of Jackson County.
To ensure equal opportunity for all organizations, requests are reviewed on an on-going basis and evaluated based on positive community impact. We’re eager to hear about new opportunities to give back to our community!
JOHN MACCHIA, SR.
Founder & Chairman of the Board
JOHN MACCHIA, JR.
Chief Executive Officer
Vice President - Hytrol
Human Resources Manager
Director of Engineering
Director of Quality
General Manager - McDivitt
Director of Maintenance
Customer Coordinator - Hytrol
Quality Manager - Morrill
Quality Manager - Baxter Business Unit
Quality Manager - McDivitt
At Advance Turning & Manufacturing, our mission is to satisfy our customers by meeting all of their requirements for quality and on-time delivery. We do this by involving all employees as we strive for continuous improvement in the quality of everything we do.
Our quality and reputation speak for themselves—but our facilities speak volumes: Our people, and the pride that goes into every job they do, are the cornerstones of our success. Please feel free to contact us as we welcome and look forward to your questions and comments.